Saturday, May 14, 2011

An IPPY for "Community of Promise"

Sometimes life intrudes in surprising ways on anticipated schedules. Too often those intrusions are negative, but not always. I have been trying to post once a week, but just recently a couple of intrusions have modified my writing schedule a bit. I am just finishing my first semester of teaching “Psychology of Personal Growth” at the local community college. Wrap up has been a bit more intense than I anticipated. But the bigger reason for the delay in my blogging is cause for celebration. Community of Promise has just been awarded the 2011 IPPY Silver Medal in the Religious Fiction category of the Independent Publisher Book Awards. Later in the month, I will travel to the awards ceremony in New York City. I am very excited, and now I have to learn how to make use of this award for improved marketing and book sales.

If you are interested in more information about the 2011 IPPY Awards, click here.

I promise that I will return soon to the topic of thinking. I hope you understand that I just can’t think right now!!

Wayne Gustafson
“The Promised Land is within and among us.”

1 comment:

  1. Dear Wayne Gustafson,

    I’m a self-published author, and I'm thinking about entering the IPPY Awards. I apologize for intruding on your time, but I wondered if you would have a minute to answer a couple of questions about your recent IPPY award. I wasn't able to find an email address for you, but if you would reply to thomson.rachel@gmail.com, I'd appreciate it!

    Can you describe your experience as an Ippy winner?

    Do you feel that winning increased your book sales? (As a side question, do you sell through bookstores or all online/independently?)

    Did you experience any other benefits from winning an Ippy?

    Thanks so much for taking the time to answer! I appreciate your answers and reflections.

    Blessings,

    Rachel

    --
    www.rachelstarrthomson.com

    ReplyDelete